Iraq Business News is delighted to bring you the latest Iraq Market Tracker report from Dunia Frontier Consultants. The market tracker highlights the activities and market performance of a basket of publicly traded firms who derive a significant percentage of their revenues from operations in Iraq, but are traded on foreign exchanges: a proxy Iraq play as much as practicable. It also identifies and analyzes the primary political and security events that occur in country that have market-moving implications.
Click here to access the report.
ExxonMobil, Lukoil, Total
- Exxon news signals some movement on KRG dispute: ... But not yet in which direction. We would withhold assumption of Baghdad "win."
- Total in discussions to enter Iraqi Kurdistan: At least one company apparently not spooked by action with Exxon.
- Lukoil to boost spending at Iraq oil field to $2 billion in 2012: Reminder of other side of coin - doubling down in the south.
- Iraq warms to GCC as Arab League Summit approaches: Maliki seeks to improve stature at AL Summit, but also signals subtle shift.
- Kurdistan says Iraq must investigate missing crude exports: Neither Erbil nor Baghdad likely want or are able to investigate; most likely Kurdish bargaining strategy.
Calendar Events Discussed:
- 29 March - Arab League summit
- April - National Reconciliation Conference
Click here to access the report, or to add your email address to Dunia's mailing list to receive the Iraq Market Tracker via email.