By John Lee.
Iraq's Ministy of Oil has awarded all four development projects, and two of the seven exploration blocks, that it offered in its fifth auction of oil licences.
- Gilabat-Qumar, in Diyala: Crescent Petroleum (UAE)
- Khashim Ahmer-Injana, in Diyala: Crescent Petroleum (UAE)
- Huwaiza, in Missan (Maysan): Geo Jade Petroleum (China)
- Khudher Al-Mai [Khider al-Mai], in Basra and Muthana: Crescent Petroleum (UAE)
- Naft Khana, in Diyala: Geo-Jade Petroleum (China)
- Sindibad [Sindbad] field in Basra: United Energy Group (UEG) (Hong Kong)
- Zurbatiya [Zurbatia], in Wasit and Diyala: not awarded
- Shihabi in Missan and Wasit: not awarded
- Fao, in Basra: not awarded
- Jebel Sanam [Jabal Sanam], in Basra: not awarded
- Offshore Gulf block: not awarded
Abdul Mahdi al-Ameedi, director general of the Petroleum Contracts and Licensing Directorate (PCLD), told Reuters that the failure of five blocks to attract bids was due to a combination of factors, including the fact that some of them cover former battlefields, some are hard to access, and the one offshore plot needs more data.
He said another round could be held for those five blocks.
(Sources: Iraq Oil Report, Reuters, Associated Press, AFP)
Deprecated: related_posts is deprecated since version 5.12.0! Use yarpp_related instead. in /srv/users/ibn/apps/ibn/public/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5323